This article provides information on how you can beautifully close the loops when knitting any product on the knitting needles. Find out how to do this, see diagrams, photos, videos with detailed explanations.
Knitting on knitting needles has recently been very popular with women, especially mothers like to do this needlework in their free time, while on maternity leave. Learning to knit is not such a difficult thing, the main thing is to be able to type loops, read and knit patterns of various patterns, and be able to close loops. Next, we learn more about the last skill, namely, how to close the loops with knitting needles. After all, the finished product in all respects should look neat. And at the end of knitting, the loops should be closed, not just by threading through their thread. Because in this case, the region will simply be pulled and that’s it.
How to close the loop with knitting needles in a classic way: diagram, description
Depending on the basic knitting pattern, closing the stitches is also done. Indeed, at the end of the work, in some cases it is necessary to obtain an elastic edge, soft or with rigid fixation. In addition, you can close the loops in a straight line, inclined or round, depending on the type of knitted part. Also, the edges can be decorated with a beautiful decorative viscous. And now in detail we will consider how to close the loops with knitting needles, in different ways.Hinge closure using the traditional method
IMPORTANT: In order to arrange the closing of the stitches in a straight line, it is convenient to use a hook instead of a knitting needle, especially for beginner craftswomen.
The classic method:
Most often, closing the loops is done in this way:
- First you need to decide to what level to tighten the loops, closing them, so that a beautiful even braid comes out, for this you need to adjust the thread tension force when closing.
- To get such a pigtail, knit together at once two loops of the first edge and the second one behind it with one loop for the back wall. More precisely Persons. loop.
- This person. use the loop again as a loop to knit the next one, i.e. put it on the spoke again and knit the next two stitches of the Faces. loop. Do this loop by loop until you close all the loops of the product.
- Break the thread when there is only one loop on the spoke.
This method is effective in any case; it looks beautiful on patterns of different types. This option is suitable for closing loops for knitting with an openwork pattern and for braids, elastic bands, etc.How to close the loops gently?
This pattern for closing loops will protect the product from stretching and scuffing.
How to close the loop with knitting needles on an elastic band: description, photo
This method is suitable for the edge of the elastic any drawing. You will be able to quickly close the loops with knitting needles; for this, use a colored thread that will adorn the bottom or sleeve of your product.
- Knit the last three rows of the product with a thread of a different color. Then leave the end of the thread so long that it is enough for about three rows of knitting.
- Then start doing the following - through the first chain, which is on the main needle, thread the second. To do this, use a second knitting needle.
- Do the same with the following loops to the very end of the row. Thanks to this method, your edge will come out elastic and resistant to deformation.
When you get to the end, cut off the excess thread, if a long tip has formed and braid into the extreme loop.How to close the gum?
How to close the gum with a needle and thread?
To obtain a beautiful and accurate edging of the lower part of the knitted product, many needlewomen use the method of closing the stitches with a simple sewing needle. And there are different ways to use it. If you briefly describe the process, then it boils down to the fact that in the first Person. the needle is inserted strictly from the faces. side to the wrong side, and to Izn.P. everything is done with precision - on the contrary. Moreover, in Lits.P, the needle passes in front, after this loop is removed on the needle, then in Izn. P. a sharp tool starts from the face and tighten the thread, but do not remove the loop from the needle. And so go on to the end.
There is another option for closing Lits.P. seam: needle back. The closing pattern is provided below in the image.Seam: Back needle for closing loops
It is not difficult to make such a seam, follow these steps:
- Take the needle and thread the thread into it, leave the end more authentic. It is desirable that this thread is enough to knit another three rows of the product.
- Insert the needle as shown in image # 1 above into the first chain. Thanks to this, the loop itself will be on your needle.
- Then the needle will thread right at the bottom of the third loop, and at the top of the second. Pull the thread through the knitting.
- Continue further with the same operations with loops until the very end of knitting. Until all the loops close. When you reach the last loop, tighten the thread tightly, circle it to fasten around the loop again.
How to close the loops with knitting needles during step knitting and making a neckline?
When knit dresses, sweaters, sweaters, often close the loop step or round, unfortunately, this does not always work out smoothly and accurately. Also, if you use the usual method of closing loops, without taking into account the smooth transition, the product can then stretch and lose shape. Consider how to close the loop with knitting needles, when making neck and step knitting.
In order for you to get a kind of elastic edge, do the following:
- Remove the first chain simply without knitting. Knit the second loop according to the pattern, after which pull the first one a little and stretch it to the knitted one.
- Knit the third loop according to the picture, then pull the first loop through it. So do it all the way until you close all the loops in the row.
To issue smooth curve you need the ability to close loops beautifully and evenly. Then you will not get the same product as in figure two below.Smooth loop closure
There are rules that must be followed when closing armholes, etc., to get a smooth transition line:
- For a beautiful even edge, first remove the loops from the main knitting needle, and then close them.
- More precisely, close the hinges of the first step as usual, and already close the second step step by step, begin to remove from the first and close it, before removing the second, remove the initial one and make the next loop of Persons P., and knit through it and remove from the main knitting needles.
- Next, knit all the steps in a smooth curve until you close all the loops.
How to close the loop with knitting needles by pulling, draw a decorative edge: schemes
Next, see the diagram below in the image, how to close the loops with knitting needles in a way pulling. Thanks to this method, you will get a dense thick edge.How to close the loop by pulling?
You can also make the edges crocheted, in which case you get a nice openwork pattern that is suitable for the bottom of the product. To get the same miracle, you will need to knit the same number of columns from each fifth loop and connect them through four loops together.How to close the loop beautifully?
All the presented methods of closing loops are the main options that can be slightly modified. You can adjust the tension of the thread, for convenience, use a hook, a needle, a pin, etc. instead of a knitting needle. Especially for children's products, it is allowed to use threads of a different color to design the bottom of products, sleeves, caps, hats, mittens, etc.