In this article we will look at how to cook russula for the winter.
The mushroom season attracts not only mushroom pickers, but also hostesses who happily collect winter harvests. We offer recipes for preparing russules in various ways, with interesting additives.
Important rules for salting Russula mushrooms for the winter
Mushroom pickling does not require much effort and time, therefore it is considered the most common and favorite pastime of housewives. In order to determine whether the mushroom is suitable for salting or not, it is worth trying a raw russula, and if you like it, you can start cooking any dish. Sometimes the russula also has a bitter taste, but it is not too pronounced so that the cooked dish is not bitter, you need to soak the mushrooms in salted water, and the bitterness will go away.
Before use, it is worthwhile to properly process and clean the mushrooms from pollution. Given that russula belongs to agaric mushrooms, they need to be washed very carefully to maintain the integrity of the hat. They break down very often, and most often, if washed under running water, dirt can remain. It is worth pouring boiled water over the collected mushrooms and leave for a while. When the water has cooled, all the dirt and sand will remain at the bottom of the vessel. In case you are in a hurry, all the excess can be cut with a knife, but first it should be sharpened properly, otherwise, the mushroom can be smashed.
Next, put the mushrooms in a colander and rinse under running cold water. This is the most gentle way to wash mushrooms of this species, they will be safe and sound, and there will be no trace of dirt and sand.
Russula can be pickled, frozen, but best of all is salting. To make the appetizer moderately salty, it is important to calculate the amount of salt. And it is best to take 1 kg of mushrooms - 50-60 g of table salt. It is after salting that they are unusually tasty, and you can make mushrooms in cold and hot ways.
It is important to remember that the mushrooms do not break under the press, they need to be laid out with their hats down, even if you cut the leg.
To make salted mushrooms your first time, you should listen to these tips:
- For cold salting almost any russula will do, except for very bitter and not tasty mushrooms, for hot - without bitterness. Therefore, if you pickle the russula in a hot way, you should soak the mushrooms for a day, and change the water from time to time. Not very bitter varieties - soak for 4-6 hours.
- Rinse the mushrooms thoroughly under running water.
- It is desirable to remove the film on the hat, so they will look much better, and will be stored longer.
- The following types of russula are best suited for salting: blue-yellow, browning, light yellow, whole.
Before start saltingIt is worth preparing the mushrooms correctly. Russula should be selected approximately the same size and grades, while damaged, rotten and worms should be discarded. Rinse and clean further if desired. Peeled mushrooms are also suitable for consumption, but if you have free time and desire, you can remove it. Soak the mushrooms for several hours.Pickled Russula
Cooking pickled Russula mushrooms for the winter with cherry leaves: recipe
It is difficult to imagine various recipes for pickled vegetables and mushrooms without adding horseradish leaves, currants, cherries, and oak. Cherry leaves have long been used in folk medicine as an antiseptic. And in home canning, they began to use leaves, because other fruits do not lose their freshness for a long time.
It is worth noting that cherry leaves are part of the classic salting recipe. Before using the leaves, they must be selected, washed and dried, after which they should be left to infuse at room temperature, preferably in a draft. Of course, it is not worth harvesting leaves in advance, regardless of whether they are cherry or ripped from another tree. For salting or pickling, you should use only freshly cut leaves and herbs.
To cook a delicious appetizer with mushrooms according to an old recipe, you will need this set of products:
- 5 cloves of garlic and 1 bunch of dill to prepare, after - finely chop. 8 pcs Rinse and dry the cherry leaves. Steam and dry the jar.
- 4 things. cherry leaves and 1 tsp put the salt to the bottom. Take the boiled mushrooms - 2 kg and put in a jar in layers. Each tier must be sprinkled with garlic slices, chopped herbs, pepper (3 pcs. Per layer), salt (1 tsp.) And bay leaf (2-3 pcs. Per layer).
- Cover the mushrooms with gauze, and set the load. After 10-14 days, you can check the mushrooms for readiness. Because mushrooms let the juice, they will settle, so you can report in the jar still salted mushrooms at will. But in this case, the Russula will be infused for longer.
An easier way to prepare snacks with cherry leaves: russula - 2 kg, salt - 3 tablespoons, cherry leaves - 6 pcs. (medium size) and black pepper - 6 grains.
Prepare mushrooms and mix in an enameled pan with all the ingredients. Cover and let it brew. It will be enough and 2 hours, but the longer the mushrooms stand, the more they will marinate in herbs and spices. After that you need to install a press on top and put it in the cellar for 1 week. Despite the simplicity of the ingredients and the cooking process, the snack is excellent.
Russula mushrooms, pickled for the winter with cloves: recipe
Hot way cooking pickles is a bit like a pickle so it’s possible to use cloves, which have an incredible taste. The main thing is not to overdo it, and it is advisable not to use similar spices in the recipe that can kill the real taste of mushrooms, so the snack will be too rich. In order to avoid this, it is better to cook a snack according to a proven recipe, for it you will need: mushrooms - 1 kg, cloves - 3 pcs., peas of pepper - 8 pcs., leaves of currant and cherry - 5 pcs., salt - 50 g.
- Pour prepared mushrooms with 1 liter of cold water and put on a small fire. After boiling add currant leaves, cherries, peppers and cloves, slightly salt.
- And cook until mushrooms are cooked. Unlike other recipes for cooking, of course, do not drain the water.
Cooking is on low heat, periodically removing foam formations and stirring. The brine should be light.For winter
- Pack the prepared mushrooms in jars and pour the resulting brine.
- This recipe is similar to a pickle, however, you need to consider that such an appetizer is stored for no more than 3 months. Although the dish turns out so tasty that it won’t take long.
Pickle Russula mushrooms for the winter with blueberry sprig: recipe
Salted russula - This is not only an excellent snack, but the main ingredient for the preparation of festive salads and dishes. Thus, you can diversify your winter diet and enjoy forest gifts at least all winter.
You can prepare russula with the addition of various spices and ingredients, as a variety of herbs and seasonings are great for mushrooms, you can experiment, for example, healthy blueberries are great. And it is best to use leaves that have healing properties.
In addition to the unusual aroma and taste, twigs always look beautiful in jars. In order to prepare russula with a sprig of blueberries you will need:
- Mushrooms - 2 kg
- Garlic - 6 cloves
- Salt - 1.5 tbsp
- Small sprig of blueberries
- Peppercorns - 4 pcs.
- Prepare mushrooms: peel, rinse, soak. Peel and cut the garlic into 2-4 parts as desired. Break a sprig of blueberries.
- At the bottom of the dishes put the mushrooms in one layer so that they do not crumple. Top - part of the salt, a few cloves of garlic and part blueberries. And so it is worth laying out each layer.
- Cover with a cloth and a lid and let it brew for 12 hours.
- You can let it brew for another day, and then the russula is ready. Traditionally served salted mushrooms with onion rings with the addition of homemade vegetable oil, there are also other options for serving such a simple dish, eg:
- With Korean carrots
- With pickles
- With a little grated celery root
- Also, leek rings are great
- Any greens of your choice
Such mushrooms can be stored for a long time, and for convenience it is worth shifting the snack into jars and closing it with a lid.
Pickled Russula mushrooms for the winter with onions: recipe
Many culinary experts recommend adding onions not to the finished product, namely during the preparation process, this will add spice to the appetizer.
- Cook 1 kg of russula, according to this recipe you need in salted water, with the calculation of 20 g per 1 liter of water.
- 2 onions should be cut into half rings or rings, at your discretion. Put prepared currant leaves at the bottom, enough 2-4 pcs.
- Mushrooms need to be rid of excess moisture and allowed to cool completely.
- It is necessary to lay out the prepared russula in layers, shifting it with onions, black peas (2-3 pcs. Per layer). Each tier should be sprinkled with salt, with the calculation of 70 g per 1 kg of prepared mushrooms. Also, the taste of mushrooms dill seeds is perfectly emphasized, for such a quantity of mushrooms 1-2 tsp is quite enough.
- Put the remaining currant leaves (3-4 pcs.) On top and press down with a load. Within 3 days, the mushrooms are infused in the heat, and after the expiration of the period you need to put in the refrigerator or unheated cellar.
Salting Russula mushrooms hot for the winter: recipe
This method differs from cold in that it involves the thermal treatment of mushrooms. This cooking method is convenient because in a couple of weeks you can try the gifts of the forest. Very brittle and brittle texture, due to cooking, becomes more elastic. Cooking mushrooms costs from 20 minutes. up to half an hour, so they retain the taste, and you can also put peeled onion.
It is important to remember that unlike other types of mushrooms, water after cooking russula can not be used in any case. For taste, in a mushroom broth you can add a leaf of laurel and pepper peas.
In order not to lose taste, taste and natural aroma during processing, it is worth following this sequence:
- Prepared, soaked and peeled mushrooms should be placed in salted water and put on fire. Until the water boils, stir the product is not worth it. In the process, you need to remove the foam, and then gently stir the mushrooms with a slotted spoon so as not to damage the texture of the mushrooms.
- Transfer the product to a colander or sieve and leave until the water drains.
- At the bottom of the pan put spices at your discretion.
- Gently lay the mushrooms in layers that need to be properly salted.
- Sprinkle the last layer with spices and set the load.
Within a week, you can transfer the product into cans, cover and leave for storage in the refrigerator.
It is worth remembering that you need to store russula at a temperature not exceeding + 8 ° C. A fridge is best suited, but can also be lowered into an unheated cellar. Russula is very afraid of the cold and extreme temperatures. Of course, if the jar of mushrooms has warmed up - it is strictly forbidden to use it. If it was frozen - it's okay, but do not allow repeated freezing.
To increase the amount of brine that can evaporate, you can add a little boiling water as desired. With the correct salting of the fungi, they are stored all winter.
Thanks to this method, russula will always turn out to be crispy and very tasty. The cold method involves the absence of heat treatment of the product, so they retain not only all the taste, but also useful substances. Next, prepare the garlic, chopping it into thin slices, and prepare the dill.
- At the bottom of the vessel you need to lay out a few currant leaves. Then lay the mushrooms in layers.
- Each layer should be salted, strew with dill and garlic. Cover with clean gauze on top. Then put under load and take to a cool place.
- After 20 days, you can transfer for convenience in smaller containers, such as jars. Pour juice that formed during the fermentation period and close with a plastic lid. Ready mushrooms can be stored in the refrigerator, but they can stand all winter.
Since the cold method allows the use of mushrooms even with a bitter aftertaste, in order to emphasize the flavor of russula, you can add a little hot pepper. And for lovers of unusual taste, it is worth adding a few berries of juniper, elderberry or bird cherry. The stickiness of the berry will allow a little bit to break the bitterness, and the brine will not leave anyone indifferent.
And instead of the usual dill, you can add basil, cilantro and other herbs. Variety of recipes salted russula so big that it will allow the hostess to realize any fantasy. The main thing is not to overdo it with spices and choose several spices that will emphasize the taste of mushrooms.Russula can be salted cold
For convenience, you can use this recipe:
- Russula - 1 kg
- Salt - 40 g
- Garlic - 5 pcs.
- Bay leaf - 5 pcs.
- Dill umbrellas - 2-3 pcs.
- Allspice - 6 pcs.
Sprinkle some salt and some spices and a couple of cloves of garlic at the bottom of the jar.
- Put the mushrooms in a container, and each of the layers is sprinkled with herbs and salted.
- At the end put gauze fabric and set the load.
- Periodically, it is worth changing the fabric and washing the load so that mold does not form in the jar. In a couple of days, the mushrooms will start to let the juice and sag. And after 35 days you can use it.
- It is best to file these mushrooms in vegetable aromatic oil and onions, pre-cut into half rings.
Dry Russula mushroom preparation for the winter in a dry way: recipe
In the event that the fragile pulp fell apart during the preparation process, this is absolutely not a problem, because you can dry salted russula. For this you need:
- Mushrooms without bitterness - 1 kg
- Coarse salt - 60 g
Soak and wash russula. Next is to dry the mushrooms a little. Cut into large pieces. Salt and mix. After, put the mushrooms in a prepared jar, cover with gauze or cloth, set the load and transfer to the refrigerator.
- After 3 weeks, the mushrooms are ready for use. Before you put on the table, it is worth rinsing the russula from salt. In case you use salted mushrooms for cooking other dishes, after this method of salting, you can use the gifts of the forest within a day.
- Despite the fact that this method is very simple and fast, mushrooms can be stored in the refrigerator during the winter.
- Russula, as well as many other mushrooms are great as pickles, but it is worth remembering that it is best to use young mushrooms, because mature in the process of fermentation become soft and lose their appearance.
To protect the pickles from souring, add the roots or leaves of horseradish. But oak or cherry leaves give the fortress a snack, currant leaves - a pleasant aroma. Cloves are best used for pickling, but not for pickling - this spice has a pronounced aroma, it can ruin the dish.
If you close the jar with a regular plastic lid, it is better not to use fresh herbs - this will significantly reduce the shelf life of the product. When calculating the bookmarks, it is worth considering the fact that after soaking the mushrooms become a little heavier. And therefore, it is worth starting from the weight of the previously soaked russules.
For salting iron or earthenware is not suitable; it is better to use glass or an enameled pan / bucket. To increase the shelf life, you can grease the plastic lids with mustard from the inside, besides it will give a certain piquancy and aroma to the snack.
Quick pickling Russula mushrooms for the winter: recipe
If you want to surprise your guests or diversify the festive table - you can cook salted russula for the winter with mint and tarragon. Working with these mushrooms is a little painstaking, because the russula has a fairly brittle structure, and in order for them to pickle very quickly, you need to remove the skin from the hat. If there are only a few mushrooms, then you can handle the number of hours, but if you stock up on russula for future use, it is better to use a different method.
You will need:
- Mushrooms - 1 kg
- Water - 2 L
- Salt - 60 g
- Dill (chopped or dried) - 0.5 tsp.
- Garlic - 8-10 cloves
- Tarragon - 0.5 tsp
- Peppermint (chopped) - 0.5 tsp
Cut the mushrooms into plates and place in a bowl where they will be salted. After add salt, garlic, water and spices.
- Preheat the water. Insist in this brine for 12-24 hours. This appetizer can immediately be consumed with oil and onion rings, for the winter it is worth to roll up in cans.
- But it is worth remembering that the stored appetizer will not be as long as the pickled product, because vinegar is not used, which increases the life of canned foods.
Sometimes mold forms on the top layer. To avoid this, you need to remember that mushrooms love the coolness and dry air.
Some housewives salted russula along with other mushrooms, there is nothing wrong with this, the main thing is that the fruits are similar in taste. Best for a "pair" are such mushrooms as mushrooms, honey mushrooms and thrills. Do not mix russula with tubular mushrooms, as they are completely different in form, taste and are prepared in completely different ways.
It is worth remembering that Russula is best salted in a cold way, this will preserve the natural taste of the mushroom in full.
Salting of green Russula mushrooms for the winter: a recipe with roasting
This is perhaps the most unusual way of salting, but the main thing is that the mushrooms are incredibly tasty. Since, thanks to the roasting, russula absorbs a maximum of spices. In addition, this recipe is very convenient, because you can eat immediately, or store up to 6 months. in a cool place.
For 1 kg of russula you will need:
- 20 g parsley (you can use cilantro, if desired)
- 50 g dried garlic
- 50 g of salt
- 50 ml vinegar
- 50 g ground pepper
If the russula is not too bitter, you can not soak them before processing, because the oil will take on all the bitterness.
- Next, it is worth cutting the mushrooms into slices, and then lightly fry with the addition of oil for about 7-10 minutes. At the same time, it is worth remembering that the flesh of the mushroom is quite fragile and if small pieces are formed when cutting, they should not be added.
- They can burn during frying and spoil the taste of the finished snack.
It is important not to overcook the Russula, so you can completely ruin the dish, but you need to maximize the appetizing golden crust, for this you need to constantly mix during cooking, but so that they do not break. At the end, gently lay on a paper towel, as even after heat treatment, the structure of the fungus remains fragile. So all excess oil is absorbed and the snack will not be oily.
- Next, put it in an enameled pan in layers, with spices. Let it brew for several hours.
- For this recipe, green russula is best suited, while it is worth remembering that they can not be cooked in any case, because water will absorb all the aroma of mushrooms, and the snack will be completely tasteless.
- After the mushrooms are well saturated with spices, you need to pack them in jars, covering with parsley on top. In each jar you need to pour vinegar, pour boiling water and roll up.
- Such mushrooms can be stored up to 6 months. And you can eat after 2 weeks.
There are a lot of ways to submit, as onions are already present in the snack, you can add carrots, fresh herbs, such as basil or mint. This will make the dish unusual and very fragrant.
It is worth remembering that this appetizer has a pleasant aroma and a pronounced taste of mushrooms, which is why it is great for salads and other exclusive dishes.
Winter harvesting of russula mushrooms with ginger: recipe
Another great cooking option for the famous Russula is a ginger recipe. The appetizer turns out to be islandy, but incredibly delicious and crispy. For one kilogram of russula you need to take this set of spices:
- 80 g of salt
- 1 tsp Sahara
- 2 tsp garlic
- 2 tsp dried ginger
- 5 pieces. bay leaf
- To take mushrooms is small, in case the russules are large - they should be cut into large pieces. Sometimes, to make the salting very tender, cut the leg of the mushroom to the base, use only peeled hats. Ginger will add spice to which the mushrooms are nourished.
- It is necessary to insist mushrooms for at least 4 hours, then cook. It is important not to use water for cooking the one in which the mushrooms were infused. Do not forget to periodically remove the foam with a slotted spoon.
- Put the prepared mushrooms in a colander, let it brew a little. Now you need to put the russula in a deep bowl and mix well with spices. Let stand for 1 hour in a warm place at room temperature.
- Pack in jars. Pour hot water and roll up.
- After two weeks, you can take mushrooms for a sample.
Such mushrooms can later be used to make soups in the Japanese style, which perfectly emphasizes the taste. You can serve the finished appetizer with sesame seeds and soy sauce, mustard or season with regular oil.