In this article, we will consider drugs that will help you cope with a viral infection.
Viruses and infections await us everywhere. That is why at least several times a year we rush headlong to the pharmacy and buy there a bunch of necessary, and sometimes not quite, medicines.
Most often we are ill with colds, flu and respiratory diseases. With all such diseases, experts recommend us to be treated with antiviral medications.
What groups of antiviral drugs exist?
There are completely different antiviral drugs and this is completely logical, because the viruses exist are different and they need to be treated with different drugs, respectively. Today, medicine distinguishes certain types of antiviral medications.
Influenza antiviral drugs. The action of such drugs is aimed at the destruction of influenza viruses:
- Inhibitors of M-2 channels. At the moment, drugs of this type are used extremely rarely, since they have lost their effectiveness.
- Neuraminidase Inhibitors
- Interferon preparations. The drugs of this group not only fight viruses, but also make our immune system work much more actively, and this in turn accelerates the healing process.
- Inductors of interferons. Such medications help the body produce its own interferon.
- Fusion Inhibitors.
- Antiherpetic drugs. Among them, one can also distinguish broad-spectrum drugs, blockers, etc.
- Antihepatitis drugs. They are used to treat hepatitis.
- Antiretroviral drugs. These medicines are indicated for people with HIV infection.
What is a new generation of immunomodulating antiviral drugs?
Medicine does not stand still, so scientists are constantly developing new drugs, improving their effect.
- Immunomodulators - These are antiviral drugs that get into the human body, improve the functioning of its immunity. The peculiarity of such medicines is that they can have a different effect on the human defense system depending on its condition.
- A comparison can be made with immunostimulants. Such drugs, getting into the human body, always have the same effect - they stimulate the immune system, that is, they start it. But the immunomodulators of the immune system can stimulate, restrain, simply bring back to normal.
- Such drugs have a significant effect on the immune system, forcing it to fight the disease, and this in turn increases the effectiveness of treatment and, accordingly, accelerates the healing process.
Rating of the best antiviral drugs for adults and children in Russia, Ukraine and Belarus
In any pharmacy you can find a huge number of different antiviral drugs. All of them differ in their effectiveness, accessibility and, of course, demand.The most effective
The most effective and affordable antiviral drugs include:
- Amiksin. This medicine is indicated for the treatment of viral ailments. For example, influenza, hepatitis, etc. Both adults and children can use this medication.
- Viferon. One of the most popular drugs, since it can be used by absolutely all people, regardless of age and health.
- "Cycloferon". It is used to treat herpes infections, inflammation of the urethra, etc. The medication is also prescribed for adults and children.
- Tamiflu. The medicine helps fight the flu. It is also in great demand, since it can be prescribed even to one-year-old children.
- "Trekrezan". With the help of this medication, you can not only treat viral ailments, but also carry out their prevention. The instructions indicate age restrictions.
- "Isoprinosine". The medicine is wide-acting. It is quite effective in the fight against viruses. Reception is allowed even for children over the age of one.
- Tsitovir. Used for the treatment and prevention of viral diseases.
- Ingavirin. It fights against various viruses. Allowed to appoint adults and children over 13 years of age.
- Sofosbuvir. This medication is intended for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C. Treatment with this medicine is carried out according to the clear instructions of a doctor.
- Arbidol. With this medication, you can cure the flu and other viral diseases.
What proven antiviral drugs can children under one year old, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 years old?
Unfortunately, even the smallest children get sick, and treating them is much more difficult for adults. The complexity of the treatment is due to the fact that children are not allowed to take as many drugs as adults. Many medicines are forbidden to give to children.
What antiviral drugs are allowed for children of different ages?
- Up to 1 year. For children of this age, it will be the most difficult to choose a medicine, since there are very few authorized drugs for such patients. So, for the treatment of crumbs up to 1 year, you can use nasal drops that fight viruses and inflammatory processes, for example, "Grippferon". Viferon suppositories are also suitable, which are intended for the treatment of various inflammatory processes.
- From 1 year. In addition to the above medicines, you can also use Tamiflu, Isoprinosine, Remavir.
- Since 2 years. It can be used to treat Arbidol.
- From 3 years. It is permissible to give children "Tsitovir-3", "Alpizarin."
- From 4-6 years old. You can expand the list of available medicines with such means "Groprinosin", "Hyporamine", "Flacoside", "Cycloferon".
- From 7-8 years old. Remantadin, Amiksin.
What proven antiviral drugs can pregnant women and nursing mothers have?
Pregnancy and the period of breastfeeding, this is the time in the life of every woman in which she takes her health very seriously. Unfortunately, even in these periods a person may be ill and need treatment. It is very important to choose the right antiviral medicine so that it helps the mother’s body overcome the disease, but doesn’t harm the baby.
- Candles "Viferon". The drug is allowed to be used after 14 weeks of pregnancy and during breastfeeding.
- Oscillococcinum. This drug is allowed to be taken in such periods of life only after consulting a doctor and according to his prescription.
- Grippferon. This medication is allowed to be taken during the bearing and lactation of the baby.
It is important to understand that even authorized drugs in such critical periods of life must be taken only as directed by the doctor and under his guidance.
Antiviral medicine "Amiksin" for influenza and the common cold: method of administration and dose, price
Amiksin can be attributed to those antiviral drugs that have a wide range of actions, as they can be used for various ailments. This medication can be purchased in the form of tablets. 60 mg and 125 mg tablets are on sale
- Adults must take 1 tablet (125 mg) in the first 2 days of illness. Then after 2 days, take another 1 tablet (125 mg). The course of treatment consists of 6 tablets.
- In order to protect yourself from such diseases, you can take medicine to prevent them. Adults will be enough 1 tablet weekly for 1.5 months.
- For treatment, children need to take 1 tablet (60 mg) on the 1st, 2nd and 4th day from the onset of disease progression. The course will consist of 3 tablets.
- If complications started during treatment, then children also need to take 1 tablet (60 mg) and on the 6th day of illness.
- Such a medicine should be taken after eating food, on an empty stomach, its intake is prohibited.
- The price of the drug is approximately 550-800 rubles.
Antiviral drug for influenza and colds "Cycloferon": method of administration and dose, price
"Cycloferon" - an antiviral drug, also acts on different viruses, so it can be prescribed for:
- Intestinal infections
- HIV infection
The medicine is available in 2 dosage forms - tablets (150 mg) and ampoules (125 mg, 250 mg).Against viruses
As for the use and doses:
- The medication should be started at the first signs of an ailment, so its effectiveness will be maximum. The dosage regimen is as follows: 4 tablets per 1, 2, 4, 6, 8 days of illness. The course of treatment will consist of 20 tablets.
- For children over 4-6 years old, 1 tablet per day will be enough. The regimen is similar to that for adults.
- Children over 7-11 years old should drink 2 tablets of the drug in 1 dose, according to the same scheme.
- Children over 12 years old should take 3 tablets of medication in 1 dose according to the scheme described above.
- Take the medicine for half an hour before eating food, you need to swallow the tablets without chewing.
- The price of a drug depends on the number of tablets in a pack. 10 tablets can be purchased for 200 rubles.
Antiviral drug Sofosbuvir: method of administration and dose, price
Sofosbuvir, an antiviral drug, is the latest and perhaps the most effective in the fight against hepatitis C.
This antiviral drug is prescribed only for adults who have reached the age of 18. A contraindication to taking the medicine is the period of bearing the baby, breastfeeding, the presence in the patient's body of 2 different hepatitis, etc.Especially with hepatitis
Be careful, this drug is taken strictly as prescribed by your doctor and only under his supervision.
- You need to take the medicine 1 time per day for 1 tablet. It is advisable to choose for yourself one period of time and always take pills at this particular time.
- You can’t miss a medication, because it will not have the desired effect
- If skipping medication still happened, evaluate the situation. If you are late by less than 18 hours, try to take the missed dose as quickly as possible, if more, take the medication at your usual time.
- The medicine is best taken with food. In this case, you need to drink it.
- At the beginning of treatment, nausea and vomiting may occur. If you drink the medicine and vomiting occurs after 2 hours. and more, nothing needs to be done. If vomiting occurs within 2 hours, drink 1 tablet again. The need for such actions is due to the fact that a tablet of this drug is absorbed into the blood for at least 2 hours.
- Be careful while taking this medicine, as sudden dizziness and nausea are possible.
- Often this medication is prescribed to be taken with other medicines, which is why it is possible to be treated with such a drug only under the guidance of a doctor.
- This medicine is very expensive, you need to check its price with your doctor.
Antiviral drug "Isoprinosine" of influenza and the common cold: route of administration and dose, price
Isoprinosine is an antiviral drug that has an immunomodulatory property. There are a lot of indications for the use of this medication. Among them:
- Herpes Virus Ailments
- Viral diseases of the respiratory tract
- Viral hepatitis, etc.
1 tablet of the drug contains 500 mg of active ingredient. Taking the drug is as follows:
- Adults, as well as children over 12 years of age and children whose body weight is more than 20 kg, take 50 mg of the substance per 1 kg of body weight. As a rule, it is 5-8 tablets per day, which you need to take 3-4 times.
- Children aged 1 year to 12 years, as a rule, should drink 1-2 tablets of the drug per day. To calculate the right amount of medicine, you need to use the scheme: 50 mg of substance per 1 kg of body weight. For children, tablets are most often ground into powder, so that their administration is easier.
- As for the duration of treatment, most often the course lasts 1-2 weeks, but this is decided by the attending physician.
- The price of the drug depends on the number of tablets in the package. 20 pcs. can be purchased at a price of 550-600 rubles.
Antiviral drug "Tamiflu" against flu and colds: method of administration and dose, price
Tamiflu is an antiviral drug, one of the few medicines that is in great demand in the drug market. The thing is that it is suitable for the treatment of very young children.
Tamiflu is released in capsules that contain 30 mg, 40 mg and 75 mg of the active substance.
Apply "Tamiflu" for treatment in this way:
- Adults and children over 13 years of age and children whose body weight has reached 40 kg should take 75 mg of the drug twice a day.
Children over 1-12 years old should use the medicine according to this scheme:
- Weight less than 15 kg - 60 mg per day for 2 doses.
- Weight 15-23 kg - 90 mg per day for 2 doses.
- Weight 23-40 kg - 120 ml of medication per day for 2 doses.
- Acceptance of the drug is carried out regardless of the meal, however, many patients claim that they tolerate treatment better if the medication is taken directly with meals.
- The course of treatment, as a rule, is 5 days and, if necessary, is adjusted by the attending physician. The medication is taken by children from 6 months to 1 year of age exclusively according to the doctor’s prescription and under his supervision.
- The price of the drug for 10 pcs. is approximately 1000 rubles.
Antiviral drug "Tsitovir" against influenza and the common cold: route of administration and dosage, price
"Tsitovir" - an antiviral drug, is an affordable medication that quickly copes with viral infections. You can buy the product in 2 different forms - capsules and syrup. The advantage of the drug is that it can be used to treat young children. Another advantage of the drug is its availability.From the common cold
- The general course of treatment with the drug, both for children and adults, lasts 4 days.
- Children over 6 years old, as well as adults should take 1 capsule three times a day.
- Children who have reached 1-3 years of age are prescribed medication in the form of a syrup. They are shown to take 6 ml of the drug per day for 3 doses.
- For children aged 3 to 6 years, it is enough to take 12 ml of syrup per day for 3 doses.
- Also, older children can take the syrup: 6-10 years old, 24 ml of the drug per day for 3 doses. Children over 10 years old should take 36 ml of syrup per day for 3 doses.
- This medication should be taken half an hour before eating.
- The cost of the drug is approximately 250-200 rubles.
Antiviral drug "Trekrezan" against flu and colds: method of administration and dose, price
"Trekrezan" is an antiviral drug that is effective in the treatment and prevention of acute respiratory viral diseases. It is also used to improve the body's defenses, especially during periods of strong physical and mental activity.Important to take right away
The drug is released in the form of tablets.
- The effectiveness of the drug depends on what day of the disease it will begin to be taken. It is advisable to start treatment when the first signs of the disease appear.
- On the first day of the disease, you need to take 1 tablet three times a day. Then for 1 week you need to take 1 tablet daily 1 time per day.
- If you want to take an antiviral drug for prophylaxis, then it will be enough to use 1 tablet per day for 2 weeks.
- The medication is taken after eating.
- The price of the drug is approximately 300-400 rubles.
Inexpensive effective antiviral drugs manufactured in Belarus, Russia, Ukraine - a list of analogues
Unfortunately, the cost of many antiviral drugs is, to put it mildly, very high. Not everyone can afford the treatment with such medications. In this case, cheaper, but no less effective analogues of expensive means will come to the rescue.
- Alpharon. The drug is produced in Russia and is used to treat chronic hepatitis.
- Alfiron. A medicine is produced in Ukraine and is used to treat hepatitis.
- "Genferon". It is produced in Russia, prescribed for the treatment of various infectious and inflammatory ailments.
- "Oseltamivir-health", "Tamivir". These drugs are analogues of Tamiflu, produced in Ukraine.
- Arbidol, Arbimax - are analogues of Amiksin.
- "Gropivirin" is an analogue of Isoprinosine. It is made in Ukraine.
Be careful when buying and determining the analogues of the remedy your doctor has prescribed. It is best to consult with your doctor and ask him to prescribe a cheaper drug or seek advice from a pharmacist in a pharmacy. This person will be able to find you the most suitable antiviral drug in your case at the lowest price.
Why don't antiviral drugs help?
If, at the very first symptoms of an ailment, you started taking an antiviral drug, and there are no positive results from taking it, think about whether to continue to hope for any effect. It is best to immediately ask the doctor who prescribed it to you about the effectiveness of the drug, and then act on his recommendations.Drugs May Not Help
Generally speaking, antiviral drugs may not help for the following reasons:
- You are not being treated for the disease you are suffering from. An incorrect diagnosis is the key to ineffective treatment.
- Your body too often takes this particular drug and therefore has developed a kind of immunity to it.
- The drug is not effective. There are a number of medications, the instructions of which say that they relate to antiviral drugs, however, in fact, they are not. We are talking about the so-called drugs without evidence, which, unfortunately, there are still many on the shelves of pharmacies.
- If there is no benefit from the prescribed medicine, be sure to stop taking it and consult a doctor. Explain the situation to him and demand an explanation as well as effective treatment.
Contraindications for taking antiviral drugs
Antiviral drugs, like any other medication, can be taken strictly as prescribed by the doctor. Self-medication of this group is fraught with negative consequences for the patient's health.
- As a rule, antiviral drugs should not be taken by young children. You can take such drugs in exceptional cases, and there are very few drugs that are suitable for patients of this age.
- Also one of the frequent contraindications is pregnancy and lactation. You can take antiviral drugs during such periods or not - you must check with your doctor.
- Personal intolerance to the components that make up the drug is also considered a contraindication.
The above contraindications are the most common for this group of drugs. However, each medication may have additional contraindications, so before you start taking any medicine, be sure to read the instructions and consult your doctor.
As you can see, among a huge list of antiviral drugs, if you wish, you can find quite effective and inexpensive drugs. Do not self-medicate, seek the help of doctors and then your health will be in order.
What is better to take for the treatment of flu and colds: powder, injections, tablets, drops, syrup
It is strictly forbidden to self-medicate and prescribe medications on your own, as well as determine the form of release of the drug at will. Your attending physician should do this, who will correctly assess your health status and select an effective drug of the desired form of release.Each method is good
It is impossible to say unequivocally which form of the drug is most effective:
- Injections more effective. Most often, they are prescribed during the treatment of an ailment in a hospital or, if the ailment does not recede. Children try to prescribe a less painful treatment.
- Powders, as a rule, very quickly eliminate the symptoms of the disease. For example, a powder affects the body much faster than a tablet. It is powdered drugs that are most often used to treat and relieve symptoms of colds.
- Drops and syrups best suited for treating babies, as they are physically unable to swallow the pill. Moreover, syrups are usually produced with the addition of sweet ingredients that mask the taste of the medicine.