In our article squids are presented in all their glory. After reading it, you will learn how to cook delicious and fragrant dishes from this sea mollusk. We offer you recipes for soups, salads and main courses that will win you over with their excellent taste.
Squid - This is a delicious marine delicacy that contains a huge amount of useful trace elements and light protein. For the first time, the ancient Greeks began to use this product for cooking. They loved this sea clam for its excellent taste and nutritious qualities, so they tried as often as possible to cook various soups and casseroles from it
- In the modern world, squid also occupies a special place. Both housewives and chefs of fashionable restaurants prepare delicious and fragrant holiday dishes from this product. Due to the fact that it is deprived of a pronounced fish taste and smell, it is cooked on the grill, stewed, baked and even stuffed with a variety of fillings. All you need to know when preparing this clam is that you don’t have to cook it for hours
- It takes about five minutes to reach readiness. But if you overlooked a little, and the squid became rubber, then put it in boiling salted water and boil for 30-35 minutes. During this time, it will become soft again and it can be added to the salad or fried in batter. The only thing, after such a long cooking, you can no longer bake it in the oven
Squid rings, recipe with photo step by stepSquid rings in batter
- Squid fried in hot batter is an ideal beer snack or a delicious and nutritious whip snack. Variety will help you to diversify the taste of this dish. It can be cooked on eggs, kefir, mineral water, sour cream and even beer. In addition, you can put in it not only salt and black pepper, but also any other spicy spices. If you want this appetizer to be more tender, then add a little grated cheese to the egg mixture
- If you serve squids not for beer, but just as a festive snack, be sure to make sure that there are a variety of sauces on the table. You can offer your guests mayonnaise sauce with herbs or spicy sour cream with hot pepper and dried Provencal herbs. If you do not have time to prepare the sauce, then put on the table ready soy sauce and pickled ginger.
Recipe for squid rings:
- Defrost squids, rinse them under running water and dry them on a paper towel. While they are drying out of lemon juice, white pepper and garlic, we prepare a spicy mixture. Cut the squid into small rings and put them in the marinade for 20-30 minutes
- The next step is to make liquid batter from eggs, flour and mineral water. Next, we take the squid rings from the marinade, thoroughly dry them again, and then put them in the batter
- Place a skillet on the stove and pour any vegetable oil on it. When it is heated to the desired temperature, dip the squids into it and fry until browned on both sides
Diet squid recipes with photoDiet recipes
- Squids are an ideal product for a diet menu. Due to the fact that their composition contains healthy proteins, they can be easily used to prepare tasty and nutritious foods that promote weight loss.
- And if you combine them with different vegetables, then this will help you establish the work of the gastrointestinal tract and saturate your body with the vitamins and minerals it needs.
Diet Salad Recipe with Squid:
- Clean the squid from the films, wash it under running water and cut into small strips
- Put water on the stove, slightly salt it, and when it boils, dip the squid into it for 3 minutes
- Remove them from boiling water and dip them in ice water
- Strip the celery stalk and large olives in strips and put it all in a salad bowl
- Move chilled squid slices to the same place.
- Mix everything thoroughly, salt, sprinkle with lemon juice and a small amount of olive mala
- It is best to eat such a salad without bakery products
Braised Squid Recipe:
- Prepare the squid for cooking and dip from boiling salted water
- After 2 minutes, remove and cut into small pieces
- Next, we start cooking tomatoes
- They must be scalded with boiling water, peeled and chopped into pieces, having previously removed all seeds from them
- Put the tomatoes in a skillet with a little olive oil and lightly lighten
- Two minutes after the start of cooking, add chopped garlic and parsley to the tomatoes
- Drain the sauce for another two minutes and add the squid
- As soon as you see that the liquid in the pan began to boil violently, immediately turn off the heat and lay the diet dish on plates
Cheese Squid RecipeOven squid with cheese
If you want to preserve not only the natural aroma of squids, but also their juiciness, then bake them in the oven. And for a more refined taste, stuff them with cheese and spicy herbs.
- Clean the squid and send it to the pan with ice water
- If they have tails, then you don’t need to throw them away, just chop them and send them to the filling
- Next, we begin to prepare cheese
- If you will use hard grades, then rub them with a grater
- In the case of using soft varieties, you can limit yourself to chopping into small pieces
- Mix cheese with greens and chopped tails and salt and pepper filling if desired
- Place the cheese mass firmly inside the squid and place it on a baking sheet
- Send the squid carcasses into the oven for literally 7-10 minutes
- After this time, put them on a dish, decorate with lemon slices and serve.
Squid and Mushroom Salad RecipeTender Mushroom Salad
You probably already realized that squid is not only tasty, but also a healthy product. Therefore, if you want them to bring you exceptional benefits, then combine them with the right products. Now we will offer you a recipe for a light snack, which will appeal to the most fastidious guest.
Recipe for squid and mushroom salad:
- Boil squids in salted water, cool them and cut into small strips
- Shred the onions and thin plates with mushrooms
- Fry them in a small amount of vegetable oil
- Remove the mushrooms and onions from the pan and let them cool
- On a coarse grater, grate cheese and chop walnuts
- We combine all the components in the salad bowl, season with mayonnaise, salt, pepper and mix thoroughly
- Before serving, decorate the finely chopped greens
Squid with vegetables, recipe photoJuicy squid salad
Squids go very well with almost all vegetables. Therefore, you can safely add to them and peppers, and tomatoes, and eggplant, and zucchini. The main thing to remember is that it is necessary to start cooking such a dish with vegetables, and only when they are ready add calamari to them.
- Wash and peel the onions and carrots and chop them in small strips
- Perform the same manipulations with bell pepper and eggplant
- Place a skillet on the stove and transfer prepared vegetables to it
- Salt, pepper and simmer until almost ready
- Wash and chop the squid carcasses while the vegetables arrive.
- Next, mix in a separate bowl sour cream, flour, herbs, salt and pepper
- We send the sauce to the vegetables and let the dish boil for 5 minutes
- Then, add the squid in the pan, wait another 3-5 minutes and immediately remove the fire
- Serve this fragrant dish with wild rice and fresh herbs
Pasta Squid RecipeSpaghetti with squid
Squids can be not only a festive dish. If you wish, you can pretty quickly cook a delicious and satisfying dinner out of them.
Recipe for spicy sea shellfish with pasta:
- We clean, wash and cut rings of squid carcasses
- We pickle them in a marinade of salt, chili, garlic and ginger
- While the squids absorb the aromas of spices, put a pan on the stove and boil pasta made from durum flour
- We transfer the finished pasta into a colander and let the excess liquid drain
- At this time, we begin to practice squid
- We take them out of the marinade and transfer them to a pre-heated skillet
- Fry them in vegetable oil for literally 3 minutes and add ready-made pasta here.
- Mix everything thoroughly, keep the dish on fire for another 3 minutes and turn off the stove
- Serve pasta with fresh vegetables and garlic cream sauce
Squid with apples, recipeSalad with squid and apples
If you have almost no time to cook, but you still strive to please your household with delicious and healthy dishes, then prepare for them a light piquant salad of squid and sweet apples
If you wish, you can cook them in the evening, and then the next day you will have to add the rest of the ingredients to them and a tender home-made snack will be ready.
- Boil the squids, cut them into small rings and marinate in lemon juice and garlic
- In the marinade they should stand for at least half an hour
- While the mollusks are pickling, boil, cool, shell several eggs
- By washing, peeling and chopping a fairly large sweet apple
- We shift all the ingredients into a salad bowl and add green peas to them
- Salt, pepper and season the salad with mayonnaise
- If you want your dish to be lighter, then replace it with sour cream sauce
- You can cook it from low-fat sour cream, salt, pepper and any greens that you like
Recipe for squid in the oven, photoOven squid
- Oven-squid can be a great alternative to heavy meat dishes that overload the stomach. Such food is ideal for both lunch and dinner. The only thing you should consider is that the evening meal should be as light as possible.
- Therefore, it will be better if in this case you combine this gentle seafood exclusively with vegetables. In all other cases, you can use a variety of cheeses, mushrooms, cereals, shrimp and even potatoes
Oven baked squid recipe:
- Peel the potatoes, divide it into four parts and put in a boil in salt water
- While the potatoes are boiling, turn on the preheat oven
- Next, begin to clean and grind squid carcasses
- Marinated squids prepared in a mixture of peppers, anise and lemon zest
- We take the potatoes out of the water, sprinkle with vegetable oil, salt, pepper and poison the baked in the oven
- When the potato is covered with a golden brown crust, add the marinated squid to it and leave the dish in the oven for another 7 minutes
- Remove the finished dish from the oven, transfer to a large bowl, decorate it with arugula and lemon slices
Squid recipes with mayonnaiseFestive salad with squid
If you really like salads seasoned with homemade mayonnaise, then we offer you recipes for light and tasty snacks that can become the most favorite dishes of your loved ones.
Holiday Salad Recipe:
- Prepare the squid and cut them with neat straw
- Heat a frying pan, pour a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil into it and put in it garlic and fresh thyme
- When the spices flavor the oil, remove them from the pan and place the chopped squid in it.
- Fry them over high heat for literally 2-3 minutes
- In a separate skillet, cook small shrimps
- Boil, cool and julienne chicken eggs
- On a coarse grater, grate hard cheese and chop the dill with parsley
- Put all the ingredients in the salad bowl and add sweet corn to them
- Season the salad with mayonnaise, pepper it, salt and mix everything thoroughly
- If you wish, you can decorate the salad with thin slices of fresh, peeled tomatoes
Avocado Salad Recipe:
- We cook squids in salted water, cool them, cut them into rings and alter with mayonnaise and white pepper
- Avocado rid of the peel and cut into neat straws
- Cut the mushrooms into thin slices and fry them in vegetable oil
- We spread squids with mayonnaise in the center of the salad bowl, and around them we place mushrooms and avocados
- We make a beautiful mesh of mayonnaise on vegetables and decorate the salad with chopped parsley
Stuffed Squid, Simple RecipesRice Stuffed Squids
Recipe for squid stuffed with rice and eggs:
- Peel off the film, rinse and dry the squid carcasses
- In a separate saucepan, boil rice until half cooked and let it cool
- Cook some chicken eggs, peel them, cut into a small cube
- Scroll and chop a large bunch of greens carefully
- In vegetable oil, fry the onions and carrots until transparent.
- Mix rice, eggs, greens and vegetables, salt and pepper them
- Firmly lay the resulting mass in squid carcasses, and sew the edges with culinary thread
- Transfer stuffed squids onto a baking sheet and pour them with salted fat sour cream
- Bake squid in the oven until the cash register crust
Recipe for squid stuffed with minced meat in tomato sauce:
- Conduct standard squid preparation and set them aside for some time in cold water
- Make minced chicken or turkey meat
- Salt it, pepper, add a little garlic, lemon zest and beat it pretty well
- If you wish, you can add some any liquor or dry wine to the minced meat.
- Next, start cooking tomato sauce.
- To do this, scalp the tomatoes with boiling water, remove the peel from them and grind them into small pieces
- Strain the tomatoes in vegetable oil for about ten minutes, and then add garlic, chili pepper and white wine to them.
- Stuff squid carcasses with minced meat, transfer them to a baking sheet, add spicy tomato sauce to them
- Place the shellfish in the oven and bake them for approximately 20 minutes
Squid soup recipesSquid and Rice Soup
Recipe for quick squid soup:
- Defrost squids, clean them from films and rinse thoroughly
- We put water on the stove, add salt to it and cook squids in it
- Please note that they should be cooked no more than 3 minutes
- When they turn white, we take them out of the water, cool a little and cut in half rings
- We clean and chop the potatoes in small cups and put it into the squid broth
- While it is boiling, fry onions and carrots in vegetable oil
- Add a couple of spoons of rice to the soup, salt it, pepper and let it boil for 15-20 minutes
- Then we add carrots with onions and chopped squids into it, bring everything to a boil and turn off the stove
Recipe for lean borsch with squid:
- Chop cabbage, carrots, onions and transfer all vegetables to a large skillet
- Salt and pepper them, add tomato paste and stew until cooked
- Boil the squids in salted water and let them cool
- Cut potatoes and put them in boiling broth
- When it is cooked, add stewed cabbage, salt, pepper and bay leaf to the pan
- Leave the borscht to languish for another 10 minutes
- At this time, grind the squid and fresh tomato and also transfer them to the pan
- Wait until the soup begins to boil and immediately turn off the stove
Video: Squid fillet barbecue in the oven