The article will talk about the pros and cons of the laser vision correction procedure.
A problem such as poor eyesight is progressing in the world. Sitting at the computer only contributes to the development of eye diseases. Of course, you can wear glasses. But modern medicine makes it possible to improve eyesight in minutes.
- Laser vision correction is a fairly new, but for several years popular way to improve vision.
- This treatment method is operational. Effect on the cornea
- Laser correction has many advantages: safety, fast procedure speed, a short rehabilitation period
- At the same time, this is a rather serious procedure, which has a number of contraindications. An ophthalmologist can prescribe laser vision correction after all the necessary studies
Laser myopia eye surgery
- Laser vision correction is carried out with myopia most often. However, this procedure is not always completely safe.
- To understand whether you need such a procedure, understand its essence. With laser vision correction, the doctor acts with a laser on the cornea of the eye. Moreover, its shape changes irrevocably
- Scientists around the world cannot guarantee 100% safety of this procedure. There is a high probability of complications, especially after a long period of time.
- Laser correction does not guarantee absolutely good vision and rejection of glasses (or contact lenses). It may happen that vision changes only a little for the better.
- If you decide on this procedure, be sure to choose a good clinic
At what vision with nearsightedness can laser correction be done?
- Laser vision correction for myopia can be done from -1 to -15 dioprias
- Procedures are best performed if the patient's vision is up to -10 dioprias and at the same time does not fall for several years
Do farsightedness surgery?
- Laser vision correction is also done with farsightedness.
- The doctor should examine the cornea, fundus, and retina. After that, he will say whether such an operation is possible.
Should I do laser vision correction?
Benefits of laser vision correction:
- Laser correction can be prescribed for many visual impairments. Therefore, it is quite universal and widespread.
- Many positive results and good patient reviews.
- Not a large list of contraindications. This makes it possible to conduct an operation for a wide range of people
- Lack of general anesthesia during surgery. Due to the fact that the laser correction procedure is not too painful, it is performed under local anesthesia.
- Fast speed of the procedure. Usually, the procedure itself takes less than 15 minutes.
The disadvantages of the procedure:
- The possibility of complications. Moreover, there are not enough studies that prove normal vision health after 10-15 years after the procedure
- Lack of guarantee that vision will not return
- The price of the operation is quite high
- The presence of contraindications, in which the operation is not worth doing
- Age barrier. Laser correction is not done for young people under 18 years old. Similarly, for older people, this procedure is not desirable.
How many years can you do vision correction and how many?
- One of the contraindications of the laser correction procedure is age restriction. This operation is not allowed for children under 18 years of age.
- In fact, the figure of age is extremely abstract. It's not about age, but that there is no point in doing such a procedure on an underdeveloped ocular apparatus. And until 18 - 20 years, he has not yet fully developed
- Also, it is not advisable to do a laser correction procedure after 45 - 50 years. Healing processes are worse and the cornea may not return to a healthy state.
- It is not recommended to treat age-related hyperopia with laser correction. It occurs due to changes in the lens of the eye and this can not be fixed.
How much rehabilitation, recovery after surgery to correct vision?
- After the laser correction procedure, the patient should be in the clinic for some time. Usually, this is a fairly short time - about two hours
- The doctor makes an examination, conclusion and lets the patient go home. In this case, he is prescribed special drops-antibiotic and gel
- For some time (4 - 5) days, the patient carries out home treatment prescribed by a doctor, and then goes to the clinic to observe the condition of the eye
- Complete healing occurs within two weeks. However, this process is purely individual. It can be either faster or longer.
What drops to apply after vision correction?
- The drops and gel to be instilled in the eye after surgery are usually prescribed by a doctor. Do not self-medicate
- One drop option is Tobradex. These drops should be dripped for 9 days, gradually reducing the number of instillations (the first 3 days - 5 times a day, then - 4 and 3 times a day)
- Another popular eye healing drops is Systain Ultra. They need to be dripped a month 2 or 3 times a day
- It is necessary to bury the gas carefully, after washing your hands with soap
- Do not touch the tip of the pipette to the eye so as not to injure it
- The instillation should be carried out not on the cornea itself, but in the hollow between the eyeball and eyelid. Then the eye must be closed so that the drops are distributed throughout the eye.
Vision correction after 40, 45, 50 years: features
- After 45 - 50 years, laser vision correction is usually not recommended.
- All due to the fact that the layer of the cornea becomes thinner, and healing processes do not pass quickly and without complications
- In any case, you need to see a doctor. He will be able to examine the eye and say whether such an operation is possible.
- If there are no contraindications, then an operation can be prescribed
- It should be borne in mind that laser correction will not help the patient with age-related changes in vision. She will not be able to cure farsightedness, and you still have to wear glasses
What is impossible after vision correction: contraindications?
- 2 hours after surgery, the pain should pass and the eye will be able to function normally. But the discomfort remains, so driving is not recommended
- You can do light sports. But visiting the gym, lifting large weights is not recommended. Better to refrain from strong physical exertion for a month
- You can’t use eye makeup for 2 weeks (cream, mascara, eye shadow)
- Alcohol impairs healing and worsens the effects of drugs. Therefore, you need to refrain from it for at least 2 weeks
- Do not rub your eyes, even if you feel discomfort. To reduce dryness, you can dig in the artificial tears that are sold in the pharmacy
- It is not recommended to swim in ponds and pools, take a hot bath or go to the sauna
- Also, you can’t look at the sun and sunbathe hard
Can I give birth after vision correction in a natural way?
- During pregnancy, laser correction is prohibited in principle. Also, the ban applies to lactation.
- To prevent visual impairment, women are not recommended to become pregnant at least a year after surgery
- Laser correction, in principle, does not affect vision during childbirth. The problem may occur due to myopia and damage to the retina.
- Laser correction does not eliminate myopia as such. That is why the threat of retinal detachment exists during pregnancy.
- To avoid complications during childbirth, it is better to go to the ophthalmologist. He examines the fundus and says whether it is possible to give birth on their own
Can I drink alcohol after vision correction, smoke?
- Alcohol is not compatible with antibiotics. And they, in turn, are appointed after the operation. Therefore, alcohol is prohibited for at least 2 weeks.
- Smoking impairs metabolism, and smoke irritates the mucous membranes of the eye. This can lead to dryness, redness, and tearing of the operated eyes. It is also better to abstain from smoking, at least during the healing of the cornea.
Is it possible to sport after vision correction?
- As after any operation, after laser correction you need a little time for rehabilitation. The cornea must fully heal
- Heavy sports and weight lifting are not recommended for at least a month after the procedure.
- Lighter sports, such as yoga or dancing, can already be started from the second week.
- An ophthalmologist will more accurately tell you when you can go in for sports after the procedure.
Are they enlisted after vision correction?
- The army is not taken if the total myopia is -12 diopri
- Laser correction improves vision, but does not eliminate myopia. So joining the army can still be dangerous
- Therefore, when you go for examination to the military commissar, be sure to warn the doctors that you had a laser correction. Take the necessary documents confirming the procedure
- You may be prescribed an additional examination. And after that they’ll say whether it’s possible to join the army
Possible consequences, complications after vision correction
- A prolonged inflammatory process that causes discomfort. Such a complication is observed quite often and is associated with the personal characteristics of the body, the reaction of the eye to the procedure
- Incorrectly performed operation, because of which the vision correction did not go fully. There may be two options: either the vision has not become good and the problem remains, or the disease has changed polar (for example, myopia to farsightedness). In this case, you may need a second operation.
- Vision may continue to deteriorate as the problem itself has not been resolved. Laser correction only changes the shape of the cornea and creates a certain focus, like a lens
- Laser vision correction can have consequences in a few years. With age, the state of tissues changes, because of which a weakened cornea may not function correctly, scars will appear on it
- Laser correction has many contraindications, this should be taken seriously during the procedure
Can vision worsen after laser correction?
- Laser vision correction does not eliminate the disease itself. This procedure can be compared to wearing contact lenses. Only the role of the lens is played by our cornea
- Therefore, vision may continue to deteriorate. And laser vision correction cannot stop it.
- However, if the state of vision is stable, then such a procedure can establish vision for many years.
- Laser correction cannot prevent age-related changes
Is it possible to do repeated vision correction?
- Laser correction is sometimes prescribed in two stages if the visual distortion is too significant.
- Also, a second procedure can be prescribed if the first is not done correctly.
- Usually, a repeat procedure cannot be done earlier than after a month. But it all depends on the speed of healing
- If you need a second procedure, the doctor will tell you when it can be done.
Can I be painted after vision correction?
- Do not use makeup such as mascara, eyeliner or eye shadow
- They will play the role of an irritant and adversely affect the healing process.
- Also, do not use creams that have a pungent odor
- You need to wash your face carefully, do not rub your eyes and make sure that they do not get water, shampoo or soap
- You can start painting no earlier than 2 weeks after the procedure
Why can not sunbathe after laser vision correction?
- Sun rays irritate the eye and adversely affect it after surgery
- Therefore, about a month you can’t sunbathe at all
- In bright light it is better to wear sunglasses.
- Make sure that the sun's rays do not penetrate the cornea of the eye
Is it possible to cry after laser vision correction?
- Crying is very difficult to regulate and the main danger is not tears, but the fact that a person begins to rub his eyes
- If you had to cry, then gently blot your eyes and drip with drops
- After laser correction, lacrimation is quite common, so there is no need to worry about it.