An article on how not to get the flu and colds.
Colds and flu are the most common diseases, from the fall, when the cold comes, until the spring, when warm days are set.
These diseases are characterized by the penetration of pathogens through the mouth and nose into the throat, trachea and bronchi. If microbes have penetrated our organs, we will learn about this by the appearance of a runny nose, fever, cough, which last 2-14 days.
And what can be done to get sick less? We will talk about this in the article.
A healthy lifestyle is the basis for the prevention of colds and flu in adults and children
Cold. A cold and an acute respiratory viral infection can manifest itself if:
- Walking in the cold season in wet shoes
- Sit in the draft
- Drink cold drinks and water
- Freeze on the street
- Use common items with a sick person
- Communicate with a sick person - infection occurs through coughing and sneezing
The factors listed above and weakened immunity are the causes of the common cold.
Symptoms of the common cold:
- Raises body temperature to 38 ° C
- General malaise
- Nasal congestion
- Runny nose
Flu. It is also an acute respiratory viral disease, but if a cold goes away without serious consequences, then the flu causes general intoxication of the body, as well as damage to the respiratory system with degeneration of epithelial cells and the formation of new viral particles.
Toxins formed as a result of the introduction of the virus into the body and decaying epithelial cells adversely affect the heart, blood vessels, nerve cells and other organs.
According to public health information, 15% of the world’s population is sick with the flu every year, and death often occurs, especially among children and the elderly.
Symptoms of the flu:
- High body temperature, more than 38 ° C (if the temperature is not more than 39 ° C, doctors do not recommend knocking it down with drugs, because the body itself fights harmful microbes, producing interferon in this way).
- Swollen glands and sore throat.
- Great weakness of the body.
- Headache and pain in all muscles of the body.
The flu is transmitted through things, the saliva and cough of a person with the flu.
It is very important to pay attention to the symptoms in time, and consult a doctor to take antiviral drugs within 24-48 hours after the onset of the diseasethen the disease will flow more easily.
Prevention. To get less sick with viral diseases, you need strengthen immunity:
- Drink freshly made juices.
- Every day there are salads of fresh vegetables and fruits.
- Eat 1 tea every day. a spoonful of honey, with tea.
- Get enough sleep at night, sleep at least 6-8 hours.
- In the morning 15-20 minutes to do exercises.
- Take a walk in the fresh air every day.
Help get less flu and colds recipes for preventive mixtures to enhance immunity.
Recipe 1. Lemon with Honey and Ginger
- Well washed and dried 1 lemon, finely cut along with the peel.
- Add 3-4 tbsp. tablespoons of honey and a small piece (about 1 cm thick) of finely chopped ginger, mix everything.
- This mixture is added 1-2 teaspoons. spoons in tea several times a day.
Recipe 2. Walnuts with Dried Fruits and Lemon
This mixture strengthens the immune system, is useful for overwork and general weakness.
- Take 1 glass of walnuts, raisins and dried apricots, 1 lemon with a peel and pass everything through a meat grinder.
- Add 300 g of honey to the mixture and mix.
- We accept 1 tbsp. spoon 3 times a day before meals.
Recipe 3. Pasta Amosova
Such a paste is tasty and healthy, it has a lot of vitamins and minerals.
- Take 1 cup of walnuts, raisins, dried apricots, figs and prunes, 1-2 lemons with peels, and pass everything through a meat grinder.
- Add 1 cup of honey to the mixture, mix.
- We eat 1 tea in the morning. spoon 3 r. per day, can be added to porridge.
Recipe 4. Rosehip broth
- 2 tbsp. chopped tablespoons of rose hips, pour 1 cup boiling water and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- 3 hours we insist in heat, it is possible in a thermos.
- We drink half a glass of 2-3 r. for a day.
For the prevention of flu and colds, you can use aromatherapy at home:
- Pour hot water into the aroma lamp or inhaler, drip 2 drops of essential oil of lavender, sage, clove, eucalyptus or fir.
- We inhale the warm fumes of the essential healing oil.
Attention. For children under 3 years old, aromatherapy is contraindicated, as it can cause severe allergies.
If you wet your feet in cold weather or freeze, then, when you come home, make yourself warming foot bath:
- Pour 5 l of hot water into the basin, dissolve 60 g of mustard powder and baking soda in it, and soar the legs in this water.
- If the water has cooled, add more hot.
- We make baths for 20-30 minutes.
- Then we wipe our feet with a towel, put on warm socks and go to bed.
Personal hygiene during an influenza epidemicDuring a flu epidemic, a mask must be worn in public places to prevent flu and colds.
In order not to get the flu during the epidemic, you need to follow some rules:
- Do not visit crowded places.
- If you are in a public place and there is no way to wash your hands with soap, do not touch your eyes, mouth and nose with your hands or wipe your hands with a disinfectant.
- Often, rinse your nose with warm water throughout the day.
- Wipe the floor with a damp cloth daily.
- Strengthen the immune system.
- Dress for the weather.
- Try not to get too cold.
- Visiting a public place you need to wear a mask.
- Long before the flu epidemic, visit your doctor and get vaccinated.
Which should be mask, and how to wear it?
- The mask should cover the mouth, nose and fit snugly to the face so that there are no gaps.
- The mask should be multi-layered.
- It can be worn for 3 hours without removing, and then change a new one.
- When wearing a mask, do not touch it with your hands.
Measures to prevent a healthy lifestyle to protect against flu and SARS in adults and children
Simple hardening method for children: daily wipe the feet and the whole body with water, starting from 30 ° C, gradually lowering it to 16-18 ° C.
Little children need to start temper from 1 month of age. These are air baths, gymnastics for babies, swimming.
Hardening in the summer for children and adults - walking barefoot, bathing, dousing with water at room temperature, in winter - walking barefoot on the floor in the apartment.
Garlic and onions are a proven method of preventing colds and flu. You need to eat these vegetables every day, but if you do not want the smell of garlic to come from you, you can try inhalation with garlic and onions:
- Grate or pass through a press 2-3 cloves of garlic and half an onion.
- Breathe this gruel through the mouth and nose.
Vitamins. To raise immunity you need to drink more vitamin drinks: fruit drinks and juices with honey from cranberries, lingonberries, black and red currants, rosehip infusion, tea from dried and frozen raspberries. Orange and pomegranate juices are also helpful during the flu epidemic.
Healing herbs. Strengthen the immune system and medicinal herbs, decoctions and infusions from which you can give to children.
Rosehip, raspberry, blackcurrant and lingonberry decoction
- We mix in the same amount rose hips, raspberry, blackcurrant and lingonberry leaves.
2. We take 2 tbsp. tablespoons of this mixture and brew 1 cup boiling water, cook for 10 minutes over low heat, cool, filter.
3. We drink 0.5 cups of 2 r. in a day.
Tea of linden flowers and black elderberry
- Equally take linden and elderberry flowers, mix them.
2.2 Art. tablespoons of the mixture pour 1 cup boiling water, simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Filter tea and drink hot.
Inhalation. If a runny nose begins and you feel sick, inhalation helps a lot. Adults can be inhaled for 5-15 minutes, children up to 5 minutes.
Boiled Potato Inhalation
- Boil a few potato tubers in a peel until cooked.
2. Crush boiled potatoes, drip 2-3 drops of fir oil in mashed potatoes.
3. Sit down over the pan, slightly open it, cover with a towel and breathe this steam for 5-7 minutes.
From a cold, fir oil helps: instill in each nostril 1 drop, 3 r. in a day.
Another recipe used in traditional medicine from a cold: squeeze fresh aloe juice, and immediately drip into the nose 2-3 drops in each nostril. We carry out instillations into the nose after 3 hours, and so 3 days.
Now we know that in the winter not to get colds and flu, we need to strengthen our immunity all the time.